The student who wants to apply for the Degree in Communication Sciences must have the following characteristics:
The applicant must have a general notion of social sciences and humanities and he or she must know about general orthography and syntax of Spanish.
Personal skills to read and text comprehension.
Personal skills to express properly in oral and written form.
Willingness to establish interpersonal relationships.
Interest in major international, national, regional and local problems.
Interest in acquiring multidisciplinary training in social sciences and humanities.
Willingness to work as a team.
Sense of responsibility, social commitment and respect for the diversity of ideas and lifestyles.
Interest in self-learning.
The graduated in Communication Sciences will be able to work professionally in:
1. In public sector, in the areas of social communication and public relations. He or she can work in the federal, state and municipal levels too, as well as in decentralized organizations.
2. In private sector, in agencies, service companies or media companies.
3. In social sector in non-governmental organizations, non-profit companies or associations, political parties.
4. As an independent professional, doing consulting, as advisory or training tasks, or as an independent professional.
At the end of this Degree, the professional in communication will be a conscious person of its social environment. At the same time, will actively participate solving and improving the communication process (by using properly technical and technological strategics.)
The graduated will have a personal method of learning, and will be able to communicate clearly and accurately in various types of media languages. He or she will have a critical and free thinking. The graduated will be creative, and will be able to work in a multidisciplinary group in an efficient way.
The graduate will be competent to:
1. Diagnose communication processes in society through the identification of problems, and the analysis of their elements in the context where they are presented. The purpose of this is to ensure the professional have arguments in the decision making on those issued (with a sense of social responsibility).
2. Design and propose communication strategies through the recognition and interpretation of symbolic processes. For this, it must integrate interdisciplinary knowledge, methods and instruments to intervene in the solution of communication problems. All these elements will help to have a correct interaction, full of tolerance to cultural differences and visions of the world.
3. Produce messages, discourses and campaigns by using a critical analysis, the structure of meanings, and properly techniques of communication. It is important to own the desire to be responsible and creative. All this with the purpose of improve the understanding, comprehension, and social social coexistence.
BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMS 2006-2 AND 2011-2
The Bachelor Degree in Communication of UABC, is a quality educational program according to an statement made by the Asociación para la acreditación y certificación en Ciencias Sociales A.C (ACCECIS, for its acronym in Spanish) This association is an organism which qualifies the higher education of the social sciences in Mexico.
The Bachelor Degree in Communication was created in 1991, and then it was incorporated to the Faculty of Humanities. This Bachelor Degree was created with the mission to form professionals with an humanist sense in the communication field. At the same time, the professional in this area must have the ability to be creative, as well as be imaginative and innovative to apply solutions to the processes of our community.
Translated by: Martha Gutiérrez and Gloria Sotomayor
Facultad de Idiomas