Language and Literature Teaching
The student who wants to enter to Language and Literature Teaching must have the following characteristics:
Basic knowledges on subjects of the Language and Literature field, mainly on general background on orthography and redaction.
1. Love for teaching and interest in mastery of discipline of study, literature, reading and writing.
2. Ability to adapt to teaching methods and techniques.
3. Put into practice thinking skills for solving problems.
4. Ability to communicate in oral and written form.
5. Ability to take advantage of information and communication technologies as tools that permit you to learn throughout your life.
1. Attitude for self-learning and flexible thinking.
2. Recognize diversity of cultural manifestations, identify them with their own and courage the interculturality to propose alternatives for a better co-existence.
3. Have vocation and interest for teaching, and communication in front a group and being willing to strengthen their abilities for their life: knowledge, courage and attitude.
The graduated in Language and Literature Teaching field must have a personal method of teaching-learning. He or she will have the complete ability to propose solutions and strategies, and they will offer support and help that students require (thus, will have a critical and free thought.
The graduated will be able to:
Increase the management of narrative, dramatic and poetical structures by approaching literary production.
Develop Teaching in a dynamical and creatively way.
Master discipline on required levels.
Evaluate critically and fully their teaching.
Design and practice didactic strategies.
Use new technologies as means of teaching.
Treat students with dignity, affection, respect and ethics.
Promote collaborative relationships in trust environment and respect parents, school community and social environment.
The graduated in Language and Literature Teaching will be able to play professionally in:
1. Educational institutions in middle schools and high schools, playing a teaching role in Spanish and Literature (in public and private sectors.)
2. Educational institutions as Spanish and Literature coordinators of teaching fields.
3. Production centers of didactic Literature resources.
4. Free exercise of the profession independently in preparation areas of didactic material, teaching and linguistic-pedagogical advice and giving workshops according to the degree.
Translated by: Martha Gutiérrez and Gloria Sotomayor
Facultad de Idiomas