Basic knowledge on the following fields:
1. Arithmetic, algebra and geometry basics.
2. Symbols and mathematical formulas.
3Basic notions of social and humanistic fields.
4. Notions of analytical and deductive reasoning for problem solving.
ATTITUDES & VALUES:
1. Provision and vocation to teaching.
2. Interest in studying and mastering Mathematics and its didactic.
3. Innovate, proactive, critical and collaborative attitude.
4. Commitment and respect for diversity.
5. Interest in continuous learning.
1. Develop coherent Math methods.
2. Argues for the mathematical procedures used in solving problems.
4. Oral and written communication.
5. Basic management of new technologies tools.
6. Participate collaboratively in work teams.
As an independent professional:
1. In the creation of his or her own company where they can develop their mathematical skills, through continuous education offer and realization of materials and didactic resources.
2. In educational public and private institutions offering Math teachers training.
3. In the free exercise of the profession independently in Math counselling.
In a public and private sector:
1. In middle schools and high schools institutions, developing mathematics teaching.
2. In educational institutions, developing management activities in areas of Mathematics Didactics.
3. In production centers of didactics mathematics resources.
4. In governmental and non-governmental institutions developing action for the mathematical skills development at state, national and international levels.
5. In science museums, where mathematics areas exist.
When the Study Program concludes, the student will count with the following professional skills:
1. Know the difference between fundamental elements of plans by analyzing documents of each educational level, in order to develop math skills of middle schools and high schools in their students, with a responsible attitude.
2. Use of mathematical knowledge according to mathematical properties so that students are able to solve problems of their social context, with proactive, honest and creative attitude.
3. Design and practice didactic strategies that support teaching-learning process in middle schools and high schools, through the use of concepts, techniques, methods and technological means, with pedagogical support, to promote cognitive independence and significant learning of students in charge, with a positive, innovative and responsible attitude.
Translated by: Martha Gutiérrez and Gloria Sotomayor
Facultad de Idiomas